Welcome to Middle School
The Middle School years are a time of tremendous academic, emotional, and physical growth. Our students undergo major brain development throughout these years, and it is essential that we provide a challenging and compassionate learning environment to support this growth.
WHAT WE DO:
- Facilitate partnerships with students, parents, and teachers to create a learning environment that promotes learning through discovering passions.
- Design programs to surround students with service learning and community service opportunities
- Engage students in identifying and solving problems in their community and the larger context
- Hire teachers who are keenly aware of the needs of young adolescents and have the training, enthusiasm, and expertise to work with Middle School students!
When appropriately challenged, Middle Schoolers rise to meet the expectations of their teachers, coaches, and mentors. To ensure an engaging program, we offer students a rich selection of courses that will provide opportunities to explore their interests and challenge them to reach new academic heights.
- Required Courses: English/Language Arts, Humanities, Math, Science, Physical Education, Music, Art, Drama, Design. Students can take mother tongue Spanish and English.
- Enrichment Options: Students may also explore the Arts more deeply through courses in Strings, Band, Music, and Art.
- Advisory: Each student has one adult advocate who addresses the academic, emotional and social changes of adolescence. Advisory teacher fosters a sense of community and belonging. Students will meet about once a week with their advisor for academic guidance, announcements, discussion of relevant adolescent issues and participation in team-building events and activities.
- My Choice: is an opportunity in the Middle School for all students to learn, lead, and practice an activity without grades or judgment.
Be a Condor! Soar high!
7:55 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
7:55 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
435-0890 ext. 4911