Welcome to High School
The High School years are a time of significant exploration and learning as students seek to identify their interests and strengths. The High School program is designed to empower students to explore and develop their passion for learning across all realms and to create critical problem solvers and adaptable learners who are ready for a diverse range of competitive post-secondary opportunities, fully aware of their responsibility to create socially-responsible solutions.
What we do:
- Facilitate partnerships with students, parents, and teachers to develop independent learners and leaders with a growth mindset
- Design rigorous learning opportunities that challenge students to be reflective, critical thinkers able to apply their learning and solve problems
- Empower students with the opportunity to choose courses, programs and co-curricular involvement to explore and develop their passions for learning
- Promote a balanced approach to hard work, mindfulness and healthy choices. Students are encouraged to explore and find balance in their curricular and co-curricular interests, while also mastering the skills of effective time management and organization.
- Liaise with the community to support students to act as change agents, to create socially responsible solutions in school and beyond.
Rigour. Choice. Balance.
The High School program of study provides all students a rigorous college preparatory program that offers broad exposure to a balance of academic disciplines and co-curricular opportunities to earn credits towards the FDR High School Diploma, a US-equivalent high school dIploma. Based on their interests and plans for the future, students have the opportunity to complete up to two additional certifications upon graduation, the IB Diploma and/or the Official Peruvian Graduation Certificate.
Throughout the four years of high school, students engage collaboratively and independently in multiple student-designed projects to facilitate an increased understanding of themselves as learners and provide opportunities to explore curricular and/or co-curricular interests (link to the activities page). The High School curriculum is transitioning to a fully standards based curriculum in the 2017-18 school year. The FDR curriculum is designed to provide students a broad exposure to the the core academic disciplines and elective courses as well as opportunities for project based learning across the disciplines. In Grades 9 and 10 students study core academics, Fine or Performing Arts and Design Technology to build a strong foundation of academic content and skills essential for success in our rigorous college preparatory program. Students in Grades 11 and 12 have increased academic course choices through the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (link to IBO’s DP page) curriculum to facilitate their successful transition to postsecondary studies. In addition to course choice within our program of study, students can further diversify their learning experience by enrolling in the Innovation Academy (Link to IA page), a trans-disciplinary project learning based program for students in Grades 10-12.
Rigour. Choice. Balance.
The High School program provides a breadth of opportunities and paths to reach these essential goals for all of our students. Please keep reading to learn more about how our program can best fit your needs.