Early Childhood and Elementary School
Welcome to the Early Childhood and Elementary School
We provide students and parents from early childhood to grade five with a warm, caring environment in which they can take the risks that are necessary for learning. Our faculty work collaboratively to plan highly engaging inquiry based learning experiences for our students. Our school's forward thinking mission statement along with our core values, guide all of the work that we do.
What we do:
- Focus on the whole child. We provide a strong academic program, that includes a focus on literacy math, the arts, Spanish, physical education and social-emotional education; along with opportunities for Grade 1-5 students to pursue their passions through our robust After School Activities Program and Condor Academy for athletics.
- Nurture a growth mindset in students and adults. We encourage students to dig in and work hard as we are all capable of achieving. We also foster a growth mindset in our teachers as they continually engage in professional development in order to improve their skills as educators.
- Encourage collaboration among our students and adults. We believe that we all gain confidence and grow our thinking through sharing our own ideas and building on the ideas of those around us.
- Partner with parents. We support our students through active participation with our parents. We invest time in educating parents about our program and sharing ways that they can support their children's learning at home.
- Encourage intellectual curiosity. Our units of inquiry are designed so that students engage in hands-on learning experiences that provide them with opportunities to generate questions, seek answers, synthesize thinking and reflect upon learning.
- Encourage students to take action! Through our mission statement and core values, our students learn that they have an obligation to take action and make the world a better place for people and animals. Our program encourages students to identify problems at school, in the city of Lima and across the globe. They are empowered to design solutions and take action as individuals or in collaboration with others through the curriculum and our school organizations such as the Green Team, the Global Citizenship Program and the Student Council.
Our goal is to provide our students with a supportive environment that develops them to their full potential and prepares them for active involvement as global citizens.
Learning in the Early Childhood and Elementary School involves the development of conceptual understandings, knowledge, skills, attitudes and opportunities for action. A range of strategies including inquiry based practices are designed to help scaffold student learning experiences.
Academic, physical and social learning targets are aligned with FDR's adopted standards which include the U.S. Common Core in Mathematics and English Language Arts and the Official Peruvian Program (OPP). We emphasize student self-reflection, assessment for learning, and goal setting to support all students as they become independent learners.
- EARLY CHILDHOOD
7:55 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
7:55 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
435-0890 ext. 2910
- ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
7:55 a.m. - 2:20 p.m.
7:55 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
435-0890 ext. 3911