Frequently Asked Questions
- What calendar does Colegio Roosevelt follow?
- How long is the school day?
- How do children get to and from school?
- Is the entrance fee deposit refundable?
- When should I submit an application for admission?
- When will applications close for a given school year?
- How does Colegio Roosevelt transition students from schools with a different academic year, such as those in the Southern Hemisphere?
- Can we meet with an individual principal, teacher or counselor during our visit to the school?
- My child has been accepted. What are the next steps?
We follow an academic year based on the Northern Hemisphere school calendar. The first semester typically begins the first week of August and runs until the third week of December. Students return for second semester at the end of February and classes continue until the end of June.
To Download the 2017-2018 School Calendar click here.
|7:55 a.m.||Attendance taken in classrooms|
|12:20 p.m.||Wednesday dismissal (all students EC3 - grade 12)|
|1:00 p.m.||EC3, EC4 students dismissal - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday|
|2:20 p.m.||Kindergarten students dismissal - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday|
|2:20 p.m.||Elementary students dismissal (grades 1 – 5) - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday|
Middle School and High School students dismissal (grades 6 – 12) -
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
|2:20-3:20 p.m.||Elementary After-School Activities (optional)|
Middle School and High School After-School Activities (optional)
Transportation service is optional and is available to students from EC3 through grade 12. Bus routes cover most residential areas of Lima. The school owns a fleet of buses, which offers safe transportation service and provides supervision. Parents also have the choice of driving their children to and from school.
Given that every admissions decision is based on personal qualifications as well as space availability within grades, divisions and categories, we suggest that you gather your application materials early and then submit complete applications.
Each applicant's record is considered carefully. Usually, Southern Hemisphere students who finish a grade in their home country in December will augment their learning with an additional semester at that same grade level at Colegio Roosevelt. Normally, a student is not immediately promoted to the next grade level, as it would mean skipping a full semester of that year's work.
New families to Colegio Roosevelt will receive an acceptance and welcome packet from the Admissions Office with thorough and detailed information about next steps, such as:
- Obtain identification badges for students, parents and authorized persons to pick up children.
- Complete the registration online process.
- Purchase official school uniforms.
- Optional services: school bus transportation and lunch service.
If you have any other question that was not covered, please contact the Admissions Office at admissions or complete the Inquiry Form.