We believe that:
• Embracing diversity sustains and enriches life.
• Service develops the individual and builds community.
• Experience is the most profound source of learning.
• Each person has the potential to contribute.
• Individual integrity is fundamental to a healthy community.
• Choice empowers.
• Survival of humanity depends on the health of the environment.
By 2019, all students will:
● consistently engage in exploring and sharing diverse learning experiences in the pursuit of educational excellence.
● consistently align their words and actions, take responsibility for the consequences of their choices and treat themselves and others with respect.
● choose to act as socially responsible change agents for sustainable solutions to challenges in their community.
We will develop, implement, assess and only retain programs and instructional models that ensure options and align with our mission and strategic objectives.
1. FDR only provides educational options that align with our mission and core values.
2. Data from multiple sources - including student performance metrics - is collected, analyzed, appropriately communicated and utilized to evaluate programs and improve student learning.
3. A transparent process is utilized to systematically analyze, propose, improve, discard or replace programs and instructional models.
We will create and implement systems and processes to recruit, develop and retain employees whose experiences, skills, passions and adaptability are necessary to achieve our mission and strategic objectives.
1. FDR effectively utilizes an innovative,diverse process to competitively attract and recruit employees who are qualified to achieve our mission and strategic objectives.
2. Employees thrive and remain within the FDR community, and systems are in place to foster ongoing dialogue towards achieving the mission.
3. Employees’ access to professional development is increasingly data-driven, equitable, autonomous and differentiated which increases their contributions to achieving the mission and strategic objectives.
4. All staff members are effectively, consistently developed through enhanced, data- driven performance evaluation systems that ensures success in meeting the school’s mission and strategic objectives.
We will develop enduring partnerships amongst our students, parents, employees and alumni to unite our community towards our mission.
1. FDRidentifiesandutilizespathwaysandstructuresthatpromotetheengagement of all stakeholders for the purpose of uniting the community towards our mission.
2. FDR maintains a dynamic calendar of events that promotes meaningful opportunities for celebration, building community and community wellness.
3. FDR maintains clear, agreed-upon communication channels between all stakeholders to promote cooperation and collaboration.
We will use technologies to significantly enhance learning experiences, empower students to pursue personalized learning paths and increase community interaction to achieve our mission and strategic objectives.
1. FDR ensures conditions to access age-appropriate technologies in order to foster collaborative, creative and engaging learning environments while at the same time optimizing personal learning paths.
2. FDR has an integrated school-wide program that encompasses a digital literacy curriculum.
3. FDR has systems and agreements in place to promote the balanced, safe and socially-responsible use of technology for the whole community.
4. FDR systematically develops all employees' capacity to embrace and adapt to evolving technology.
We will not adopt any new program or service unless it:
● contributes to our mission;
● is consistent with our core values;
● is accompanied by the allocation of resources needed for effective implementation.
We will not compromise our commitment to English as the primary language of instruction and to our school’s American tradition.